The Nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Southern Greece. Greece is home to seventeen UNESCO World Heritage sites, of which more than half are in the Peloponnese and southern Grecia. This thrilling, enlightening and instructive programme will take us to the following illustrious examples of architecture, history and civilisation:
• The world-renowned theatre and Asclepium of Epidaurus
• The megalithic citadel of Tiryns, legendary birthplace of hero and demi-god Heracles
• Fabled Mycenae
• The Byzantine castle and citadel of Mystras
• The temple of Apollo Epicurius by Iktinos, designer of the Parthenon, perched on a remote mountain-top
• Olympia, cradle of the Olympic Games in 776 BC
• The sacred city and oracle of Delphi
• The Byzantine monastery of Hossios Loucas
• The Acropolis of Athens
Categoría: Tours culturales y temáticos.
Inicio en: Atenas, Grecia.
Duración: 10 days.
Precio: 3.200,00 euros.